Sponsor a child
How much does it cost to sponsor a child?
- To sponsor a child, you must first be a member of our association
- The annual dues are 60 CHF for a single membership or 90 CHF for a dual membership
- In addition to the membership fee, the annual contribution for the sponsorship of a child is CHF 400 or CHF 200over the entire period of his/her schooling (10 to 12 years), depending on whether you choose a full or partial sponsorship.
- The full sponsorship (400 CHF / year) covers the full cost of a student’s tuition
- By choosing a partial sponsorship (200 CHF / year) you cover half of a student’s school fees and the rest is paid by AaZ-CH
- You are free to choose the option, depending on your resources. Whichever option is chosen, the sponsor commits to pay this amount for the duration of the child’s schooling (see below)
How is your sponsorship money used?
The sponsorship amount is paid in full, after checking your sponsored child’s attendance at school, to an LMHS account at the State Bank of India in Leh (Ladakh). This money is used to operate the school, among other things to:
- teachers’ and staff salaries
- school maintenance
- the purchase of supplies
- school supplies and books
- the annual picnic for juniors and seniors
- travel expenses for school staff
- cultural and sports activities
Sponsorship is a commitment
- Your decision to support your sponsored child throughout his or her schooling in Zanskar (10 to 12 years) is of paramount importance to him or her.
- The respect of the moral commitment that you make in accepting such a sponsorship is vital. To reconsider it would put our association in a difficult position with regard to the child, his family and, of course, the school.
- In the event that you experience temporary or permanent personal difficulties that make it impossible for you to fulfil this commitment, we ask you to inform us promptlyso that we can take the necessary measures.
- If this commitment feels too significant, you can also support the activities of our association with the LMHS by subscribing a school support.
The stages of sponsorship
- If you are interested in sponsoring a child from Lamdon Model High School in Pipiting, please first complete the child sponsorship application form
- We will confirm that we have received your application and forward it to the AaZ France association, which collects all sponsorship applications
- Do not send any money before we confirm the reception of your request
- Children are attributed to new sponsors once per year, generally in December or January as soon as we receive the list of registered students for the new school year (which starts in March)
- As soon as possible, we will send you your sponsored child’s complete file with his or her name, photos and other details about him or her.